Saturday, March 6, 2010
Three kind of mushroom risotto recipe
This time I bought Maitake,
and Shiitake mushrooms.
I would like to enjoy the mushroom flavor so I thought about what will be the best dish to have intense mushroom flavor. My favorite mushroom dishes are pasta & risotto. Last time when I bought different kinds of mushrooms, I made pasta so this time I decided to make risotto.
Three Kinds of Mushroom Risotto (2~3 serving)
Shiitake mushroom 4~5
Maitake Mushroom 1 pack
Shimeji Mushroom 1 pack
Garlic 3 cloves
Arborio rice 1 cup
Homemade Chicken stock 4~5 cups
Parmesan Cheese 3/4 cup
Soy Sauce 1 table spoon
Butter 3 table spoon
Olive Oil 3 table spoon
Red Chili flakes 1 tea spoon
White wine 1/2 cup + 2 table spoons
Salt & Peppers for taste
Chives 2 table spoons
Truffle oil (optional)
1. Cut mushrooms in to bite sizes. Chop onion and garlic.
2. Heat up Chicken stock on stove and keep it warm .
3. In a frying pan, heat 2 table spoon of butter and 1 table spoon of olive oil. Add garlic and saute little bit, add mushroom and saute until soft. Then add salt, pepper, soy sauce, red chili flakes. When it is cooked, add 2 table spoons of white wine and let it evaporate. Turn the heat off.
4. In a pot, add 2 table spoon of olive oil. Add onion and saute till soft.
5. When the onion is soft, add rice and coat them with oil until the rice looks transparent. Then, add 1/2 cup of white wine and let it evaporate.
6. Add 1 ladleful of chicken stock and mix well until rice absorb the liquid. When rice absorb the liquid, add more chicken stock. One ladle at a time. repeat the process until rice is soft.
7. Add half of the sautéed mushroom, Parmesan cheese and 1 table spoon of butter and mix.
8. Serve on a plate. Sprinkle with chopped chives. If you would like you can also sprinkle Truffle oil.
This risotto is like a mushroom lover's dream. I like my risotto on a liquidly side but you can make it thicker if you would like. Once you learn how to make risotto, it is quite easy to make and you can make it with different kinds of ingredients if you like but for me, mushroom risotto is the best risotto.