Recently, I see many Thai food product at my local supermarket. You can also purchase them on-line. I like making Thai curry with Chicken but you can use beef, Shrimp or Tofu and many different kind of vegetables.
There are many brands but my favorite brand of curry paste is "maesri". Hands down. This is how it looks. They also have many different kind of products. Unfortunately, my local super market does not carry this brand so whenever I find this brand of curry paste, I buy them a few and stack them in my pantry.
My favorite coconut milk brand is "Chaokor". I tried other brands of coconut milk also but this one is the best one in my opinion. I also stack this coconut milk in my pantry. It is very useful to have it stocked.
This time, I made Yellow curry so I used Chicken and Potato. I also added some onion to give it a bit of sweetness to it.
Here is how I made my yellow Thai curry using yellow thai curry paste.
Maesri brand yellow curry paste 1 can(114g)
Chicken 1 lb
Potato 3 medium
Onion 1 large
Coconut Milk 2 cans
Milk 2 cups
Fish Sauce 1 table spoon
Vegetable oil 1 table spoon
1. Cut onion into slices, cut chicken into bite size pieces, cut a potato into 6 pieces vertically. (same for 2 other potatoes)
2. In a deep pot, add vegetable oil and add curry paste. Saute little bit.
3. Add sliced onion into the pan and saute with the paste until the onion is soft.
4. Add 1 can of coconut milk and heat till it boils.
5. Add Chicken, potato, another can of coconut milk and 2 cups of milk into the pan.
6. Let it simmer for about 30mins until everything is cooked.
7. Add fish sauce.
8. Serve with Jasmine rice.
Depends on your spice tolerance level, you can adjust your curry paste amount or coconut milk (milk) amount. For me, these amount above was perfect spiciness. It is not too spicy but have some kick to it.
So, how about Thai curry for tonight's dinner? If you can find a good curry paste, you will be able to make good Thai curry easily at home!
If you are interested in buying some of my favorite products on-line, here is the link to Amazon.
Hope you enjoy Thai dinner! I also would like to make Thai cucumber salad next time when I make Thai curry. If anyone has a good recipe for Thai cucumber salad, please let me know!